1.23.2011

Putting An End To The "NO...NO...NO!"

Well this weekend Harlow turned into the ReBeL I never planned her to be. "Not MY daughter!" I remember repeating to myself. This week, every question we asked her came with a strong reply of "NO". When the question was coming from me, sometimes she would add a little slap in the face(bc I am soooo special, right?). YES, You heard me right! Uggghhh, it is the most frustrating thing ever. Not only is she not happy with anything you have to offer, but then she hits you in the face?? It's honestly hard not to laugh, but I try to be stern when I tell her that is not nice to hit and it hurts mommy's feelings. Usually after that, one of two things will happen. Number one, (which I like most) is when she will stick out her lip a little and bury herself in my chest in remorse. AAAAHHHHHHH....if only it were that easy, I would be SuperMOM! Option Number two is where we start to back pedal. She will start screaming, and whack, whack, whack. Three MORE slaps in the face! Hahahaha. Please don't tell me it only gets worse!
Luckily, thursday Kasey(who watches Harlow) was leaving to go out of town so Waylen had the opportunity to stay home with Harlow on Thursday and get some bonding time and I did the same on Friday. To my surprise, she was actually a lot better. Lots of loving, sitting in my lap, and reading books. My sweet angel is back... I think. I will admit she does have her moments, but overall she has been pretty good. Maybe, she was just letting us know she wasn't getting enough attention?
Saturday, we had a surprise birthday party to go to for three of our friends from college so Harlow went and stayed the night at Grandma and PawPaw Papes. It was so nice, and we even got to see some friends from Houston that we haven't seen since their wedding back in May. They are such a great couple and I wish we could hang out more! Hopefully our schedules will allow us to do that in the future. All in all, it was a great weeekend....I even got a little painting done too!
Here are some pictures from the last couple of weeks. Maddie had her 2nd birthdy and it was "Cowboy" themed. There are a couple of Harlow at "school"...she obviously doesn't like wearing pants to school so we are going to have to work on that one! hahaha.... and a few from the party this weekend.
Love, M








No comments: