8.26.2010

Vacation at Horseshoe Bay

We have had a crazy month with work. Waylen has been super busy with new jobs which is great, but it has left him working days AND nights. He is such a help at home with Harlow, so with him gone, it has left me alone to make sure our lil princess is happy. Not easy. We miss him. Hopefully things will be getting back to normal soon.
Weekend before last, we headed to Horseshoe Bay to stay at the Marriott resort. We had a blast until I got sick the second night we were there. That last day, all I was worried about was getting home. Harlow kept patting me on the back the whole time I was laying in bed. She was so confused as to why I was so sad. The trip was great other than that. Harlow got to play on the sandy lake front (kinda like a beach). She loved it...and anything to do with water. She let me dunk her underwater a couple of times and came up laughing everytime. Another mom watched me as I did it...and she commented on how glad she was to see me do that. She had taught swimming lessons for years and said that Harlow did great. Yeah!!! She also got very courageous and when I would set her on the side of the pool she would immediately dive towards me before I could even count to three. I could not stop laughing. Unfortunately, even with the horrible sunguard suit and the spf 55...she still got a little red. It went away pretty quickly though, thank goodness!
Here are some pics of the weekend.....Harlow playing in the sand....eating snacks...playing with daddy...and I bet you will never guess what she is doing in one of them.....she was supposed to be sleeping, but I guess she was too excited.
Love, M








No comments: